Labels

Monday, June 13, 2016

Comic Life App Review

  The ComicLife app is a nice interactive app, especially designed for the upcoming, younger generation.  As you open up the app, you can select a blank page, or a page from pre-made templates.  You can double tap texts and images to change them to what you want your comic to be, and you can also add shapes and your own shapes (though the YouTube reviewer said that is was more complicated than helpful).   To add pages to your comic, you can click on an add-page tab and are able to add either blank pages or something from a template.  This could be a good feature for younger children, because it could be too complex for them to create a new page, yet for older children, having them start from scratch could bring out more creativity.  You can use this app to make a comic from everyday life all the way to what you are learning in class and how you learned it.
  Surprisingly, many of the reviews I've read from sites like https://www.commonsensemedia.org/website-reviews/comic-life, had several negatives on how you can't post or share your creation very easily, and that there are some difficulties in the app tutorials or there lack of.
  For me, looking at this app, it seems like a neat tool for students to use.  Though, if I used it, I would  probably have to do a lot of instruction in the classroom.  I would want to be well prepared for that.  I could see this app being used as a 'Get to know me' tool in the classroom.  Having my students upload pics of their families, pets, favorite things, etc...  I think it could also be used to have students re-write their favorite books, using pics from online or their own pics, etc...  They could use it to write comics of their class and even a 'Day in the life of..." story.
  It seems like this is a decent app to use, as something fun for my students to do, but it seems like I would need to give significant time for them to complete this task.



3 comments:

  1. Not seeing any GAIN track work. Google Documents was due last time. Google Presentations and Drawing for this class session...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, it's taking me a while. I feel like I am learning and as I learn :) I have so many ideas on how to incorporate this in my future classes.

    ReplyDelete